Your Initial Weight Loss Consultations
Getting started with a Medical Weight Loss program begins with gathering a lot of information. Once all of your information has been compiled, your medical weight loss plan can be prescribed. Because of this, your initial medical weight loss visits will be done in two (or more) parts.
Your First Senara Weight Loss Consultation
During your first appointment at Senara’s Weight Loss Center, you will consult with a staff physician and our Health Coach. We will perform a series of assessments, labs, and a complete medical history. These findings will help us better understand your weight-related health risks. Information gathered will also help us track your progress through your custom weight loss program.
We will perform the following tests and measures during this visit:
- Meet with one of our doctors for assessment and complete medical exam
- Review personal health, family health, and diet histories
- Conduct a digital weight and body composition analysis
- Calculate your BMI and take your body measurements
- Take a blood sample to determine your overall health and physiological function
- Labs test for basic health markers like blood cholesterol, sugar levels, thyroid, kidney, and liver function
- Perform an EKG to monitor heart health
- Take a “Before” photo to document your starting point in the program
- Schedule a follow-up appointment to review lab and test results
This visit will take approximately 1 hour to complete and we request that all paperwork be completed ahead of time. Please do not eat or drink anything (other than plenty of water!) after 10 p.m. on the evening prior to your lab work, or at least 4 hours prior to afternoon appointments. However, do continue to take prescription medications as indicated. Also, please avoid wearing any body lotion on the day of your first visit or the EKG will be very difficult to perform.
Presentation of Your Weight Loss Treatment Plan
Following you initial consultation, you will have a follow-up appointment to go over your detailed weight loss plan. Based on the information gathered at your first visit, we will customize a plan to meet your weight loss goals and address any applicable health conditions affecting your weight.
What to Expect at Your 2nd Consultation
- We will review your health and diet history
- We will discuss results of your physical exams, lab draws, and EKG
- We will present you with your program recommendations and go over them in detail with you
- You will be given your protein shakes, supplements, and program materials to get started.
- You will receive a prescription for weight-loss medications, if recommended by our physician
- You will schedule all follow-up appointments, coaching sessions, classes, labs, etc.
- You will participate in a 30 minute One-on-One Health Coaching Session
Your first two visits, and any subsequent health coaching sessions, are meant to be performed in environments with minimal distractions. As such, we cannot allow children to be present for these visits. Only patients and their legal guardians/significant others are permitted during these appointments. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.