Set the stage for success! We want you to meet your weight loss goals, and that takes careful planning. Before beginning your medical weight loss program we recommend you take some time to prep.
- Clean out your fridge, freezer, and cabinets of unhealthy foods.
- Ask household members if they will participate in your new eating habits with you, or request that they keep temptation foods for them hidden away from you.
- Tell your friends and family about your goal and ask for their support. Identify “team members” that can keep you accountable and cheer you on.
- Find an exercise that you love and commit to doing it. Renew your gym membership, or find a new one. You can even subscribe to fitness channels and website through your TV.
- Invest in a fitness tracking device and heart rate monitor. High end or a simple pedometer, either works.
- Start a journal. We always recommend that you track your progress daily. Writing down your food and water intake, or simply jotting down how you day went, is a great way to stay focused on your goal. Whether your prefer pen and paper, an app, or a blog, journaling keeps you on track!